Do you dream of a "White Christmas?"

Are you a “Yes snow”! Or “oh gods please no” person? Share why!

I love snow, I’m from the northern US, so I’m all about that amazing ambience that comes with snow.

I love having snow during the holiday season - case in point, it’s been snowing all morning and the whole neighborhood looks so quiet and cozy.

1 Like

I live pretty far south these days. So while I like snow and a white Christmas would be great. If it snows where Im at now it means that the infrastructure is going to be over taxed, houses are going to deal with temps they arent built for, and other more practical problems.

3 Likes

I mostly like snow. I like how it crunches under my feet and seeing my foot prints and how pretty the snowflakes look when they stick to my hair. I don’t like how cold it is or the wet sludge that snow becomes when too many people have walked on it.

2 Likes

At first my dogs were suuuuuper excited when we stopped in an area with tons of snow, then they were like “HEY this isn’t what we were promised” when it started to turn exactly like this.

2 Likes

My childhood Christmases needed snow. We were celebrating at my aunt’s at a farm far away from the next settlement. It was beautiful with the snow covered forest and fields.

Now I live in a city where snow turns into black-greyish goo really fast. I’d rather not see that

2 Likes

I am a pedestrian by choice. I don’t like cars, don’t like driving, love walking and biking and taking the bus. Winter is TERRIBLE because everyone is focused on making sure cars can move, instead of digging out the walking areas. I’m forced to walk in the street if I want to go anywhere. I can’t push a cart so I can’t buy proper groceries until the snow melts a bit or they finally send a plow over the major roads. This isn’t exactly a problem with the snow, because we COULD prioritize walking spaces, but until we do I won’t be able to stand winter.

3 Likes

I like snow, but in moderation. Please snow responsibly!

5 Likes

I live in the Midwest, with a winter storm forecasted to start overmorrow, so I’ll probably have a very, very white Christmas. It’ll look lovely, but shoveling is a pain, so I’d like some moderation. Only a bit, though from the looks of the forecast, that’s not happening.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if we get a white christmas, but I am not exactly asking for it. A white christmas seems like a nice idea, and then I have to travel 100 miles in the snow/ice covered roads to see my family

5 Likes

The goo is not fun to look at or deal with, that’s for sure

3 Likes

This is why getting together with my brother and his family over Christmas can be dicey. He lives 600 km and two mountain ranges away.

This year, though, they are all flying, because one kid is working in the Yukon and the other is attending college in the Atlantic provinces.

3 Likes

Love snow! And we’ve got about a foot of it here right now. But a lot of rain is forecast for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so probably no white Christmas for me. :frowning:

3 Likes

I am totally a White Christmas person, the more snow the better. Lucky for me I go to school in Upstate New York so there’s snow on the ground from now to March. Unfortunately my parents moved to Phoenix so I’m not gonna get a white Christmas anytime soon.

3 Likes

Absolutely not.

People forget how to drive.
It’s cold.

The only good thing is I live in an apartment, so the only thing I need to shovel is my Jeep out of where it’s parked.

2 Likes

When I was a kid, absolutely.

Nowadays, as a bitter old man, no.

2 Likes

I like snow. I want snow. I rarely get snow.

Mind you, when I lived in North Wales, one year, we got snowed in! That was fun…

I’m hoping for snow, so we can introduce Void and Vortex to it. I want the “single paw print” photo!

Thinking on it, I’ve probably had more white birthdays than Christmases. Peril of being born first week of January, I guess.

5 Likes

Oh I need to dig up the video of our black kitten digging into a dog bowl of snow!

3 Likes

this winter you may very well get snow, there’s a chance!

1 Like