Count to 1000

Theatrical Wardrobe Union Local 764 IATSE

1 Like

In 765 CE, Empress Shotoku formally reascends the throne of of Japan to be the last woman to actually exercise imperial power in Japan. She had reigned as Empress Koken (her imperial/reign name) from 749 to 758, then, following the suppression of the Fujiwara no Nakamaro Rebellion, she reascended the throne as Empress Shōtoku from 764 until her death in 770.

A Form I-766 employment authorization document or EAD card, known popularly as a work permit, is a document issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that provides temporary employment authorization to noncitizens in the United States. This document, however, should not be confused with the green card.

1 Like

Charlemagne became the King of the Franks in 768 CE, the first step to becoming one of the great European emperors.

Karldergrosscoin

1 Like

In 769 CE, King Charlemagne (Charles “the Great”) begins a military campaign against the Duchy of Aquitaine and the Duchy of Gascony. He leads a Frankish army to the city of Bordeaux, where he sets up a fort at Fronsac. His younger brother Carloman I refuses to help his brother fight the rebels, and returns to Burgundy. Hunald, duke of Aquitaine, is forced to flee to the court of Gascony. Lupus II, fearing Charlemagne, turns Hunald over in exchange for peace, and is put in a monastery. Aquitaine and Gascony are subdued into the Frankish Kingdom.

2 Likes

I believe you meant 769 CE.

Continuing…

Decree 770 was a decree of the communist Romanian government of Nicolae Ceaușescu, signed in 1967. It restricted abortion and contraception and was intended to create a new and large Romanian population. The term decreței (from the Romanian language word decret, meaning “decree”) is used to refer to those Romanians born during the time period immediately following the decree.

2 Likes

I did. I fixed it. Oops…

1 Like

I’ll add that to the list of "Why Nicolae Ceaușescu is not a nice person. It is not a short list.

771 is the sum of three consecutive primes (251 + 257 + 263). Because it is the product of two Fermat Primes (3 and 257), it is possible to construct a 771 sided polygon using only a compass and a straight edge

1 Like

When I saw that I thought it was Rupert Grint.

2 Likes
1 Like

In 773 CE, the number 0 is introduced to the city of Baghdad, which will be developed in the Middle East by Arabian mathematicians, who will base their numbers on the Indian system (long after the Maya culture developed the concept, cf. Maya numerals).

1 Like

On July 27, 774, the Japanese Buddhist monk Kukai, a.k.a. Kobo Daishi or Odaishi-sama was born.

He is believed to have created the kana writing system, used in Japan to this day.

1 Like

RS775 is a class of DC Motors which is usually 45mm in diameter. These motors are used for both DIY projects and for manufacturing at a mass scale. They can be both high-speed and high-torque depending on need.
775motorimage1_500x

1 Like

April 24, 776 CE – Emperor Leo IV (“the Khazar”) appoints his 5-year-old son Constantine VI co-ruler of the Byzantine Empire. This leads to an uprising, led by one of Leo’s half-brothers, Caesar Nikephoros, the second son of former emperor Constantine V. The revolt is quickly suppressed. Fortunately for Nikephoros, his only punishment is to be stripped of his titles, while the rest of the conspirators are blinded, tonsured, and exiled to Cherson (Southern Crimea under guard.

1 Like

DHR 778 is a narrow-gauge steam locomotive, that was built in 1889 for the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. It is preserved in the United Kingdom and is the only DHR-class locomotive outside of India.

640px-Dhr19

1 Like

ICD 10 code 779: Other and ill-defined conditions originating in the perinatal period

1 Like

The VAX 11/780 was a minicomputer introduced by Digital Equipment Corporation in 1978.
VAX 11/780 Computer – CPU - CHM Revolution

The oldest recorded eruption of Mt. Fuji happened in July 781 CE.

1 Like