CJR Cooks... Suggestion Thread

Hi all,

In the vein of the various walking threads I have seen, I am considering doing a cooking walkthrough of various dishes. Is this something people would be interested in seeing and is there anything people would like to see made?

I know that there have been a number of dishes that I have been a little worried about making but then saw how easy they could be. It was just the recipe being intimidating and a little fear of cocking things up.

If you’re interested please let me know and I’ll make a start. :man_cook:

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes

@Sillsallad Anything in particular that you would like me to try and make?

FYI for all: Although I am not vegan I am happy to cook anything. I have no dietary restrictions or the like.

A “vacancy” in my meal schedule has opened up for Tuesday evening. I come home from work, get changed, then go out for a run. When I get back, I’m tired and want a shower and then eat.

I’m looking for a meal for one with MINIMAL preparation that I can sort out in the time it takes for my oven to warm up (which isn’t very efficient so about 5 minutes). I can then have a shower whilst it is cooking, and sort out veg when I’m done.

I have a lot of chicken the rest of the week, and cook myself a beef stir fry on Friday, so something a bit different would be wonderful, if you know anything or fancy a challenge?

No allergies, but can’t stand cucumbers or raw tomatoes. Not a big fan of cooked tomatoes either, but don’t mind them in a sauce, provided they aren’t recognisable as tomatoes lol!

If you have anything that could help, that would be AMAZING!!!

1 Like

@Stephen Leave it with me!

1 Like

@CJR no special wishes here. I love cooking myself and I just enjoy seeing what other people whip up, for inspiration. Quick and easy everyday, elaborate dishes, vegetarian, with meat. I’m happy to read all of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay!!!

@Stephen Do you have anything against fish?

Nope, fish is fine!

@Stephen Your minimal prep dish is currently in the oven.

1 Like

Can’t wait!

You get Sausage and Bean Casserole. It tasted pretty good, you can pie it off with mashed potatoes (use instant for a timesaver) and the vast majority of prep can be done within 5 minutes, racing the pre-heating of your oven Vs the boiling of your kettle.

1 Like

Sounds good!

My boat is overflooding with ginger!

Ordered groceries online, the minimum order of ginger turned out to be…a lot.
Got some good ginger recipes up your sleeve? All I can think of at the moment is curry…and ginger and lemon tea, of course.

1 Like

Gingerbread? Ginger & spring onion stir-fry? Jamaican ginger cake? Ginger beer?

1 Like

I’ll see what ginger based recipes I can think of! Ever make ginger beer?

1 Like

Never made it myself, tried it once. Was okay I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

How much ginger by weight are you looking to get rid of and will you be sailing anytime soon?

1 Like

It’s around 400g (Kiwi for scale)

I’ve got a gas stove and oven to work with. Not planning my to sial next week (horrible weather incoming) but that wouldn’t matter, I can still cook underway

1 Like

Not enough for ginger beer then.

1 Like