Chain Reaction

Brie!

What do you think is the most over-rated food?

Toss up between salted caramel and pulled pork.

Who would like to summon a hurricane to hear @Sillsallad’s story?

Real question: What do you do as a hobby?

2 Likes

Play piano

What hobby looks fun but you’ve never tried it?

Zorbing.

Who else wants to hear @Sillsallad’s story? Or, if Sillsallad is the next to answer, tell, tell, tell!!! :joy_cat::joy_cat:

3 Likes

I Do Love GIF by The Bachelor

2 Likes

If she decides to share the story, I think she will do so in the Sailing Madness thread. :wink:

…and we’re left without a question. @AlienToasterRepairs, I guess it’s your turn to post one.

3 Likes

What moment in your life made you feel utterly cool and/or like a complete bad a$$?

It’s a total cliché but live firing guns in the States. Not only was it fun but I was good. Tight grouping, centre mass. I had a bet on who would buy lunch with my friend who took me. She just looked at the target and swore. However it was a .22 Ruger so a lot more forgiving than the 9mm Glock.

Have you ever served in the armed forces or emergency services?

Nope. I looked into joining the air force when I was young but the recruitment office told me that I was medically unfit due to my asthma.

What was the last thing you bought yourself just for fun?

1 Like

I’ve ordered the new xkcd What If book and the transcript of The Play that Goes Wrong. But as that won’t arrive for a few weeks, the last thing I bought for fun that I physically have is a book of walks around Birmingham, which I hope to make use of when the weather cools down a bit.

What book are you currently reading?

2 Likes

None. For some reason my reading goes up and down. One month, I read very little, next month, I read a book a day. Right now I’m in a very little spell.

The last book I read was The way to a dusty death by Alistair Maclean.

What is the last movie that you saw?

1 Like

Nope

I’m not refusing to answer; that is the name of the film!

Is there any art that has given you a strong emotional reaction?

Some of Salvador Dali’s less surreal work.

What’s the story behind your username?

1 Like

I played a lot of GTA San Andreas about the time that I was also getting my first email addresses. One thing recommended was an account that sounded like a real name but wasn’t, for subscriptions and the like. Picking the protagonist and an early game character gave me C. J. Ryder, CJR and other similar variations.

Have you ever worked in a management(like) role?

1 Like

Nope. I wouldn’t want to, either. Too much responsibility, having to make and receive phone calls, having to hire and/or fire… Not for me.

What question would you like to be asked and why?

1 Like

What the most useful and simultaneously useless life hack I know. It has come in handy recently actually.

Would you like to live close by a beach (provided you don’t already)?

2 Likes

I lived part-time on a beach-side property in the north of England. The views were lovely and the village I stayed in was very nice but the salt in the air completely wrecked the under-side of my car (a Dodge Calibre, the first car I bought and I loved it) so on the basis that such expenses would be regular I’d say I’d love to visit and/or own a holiday home near a beach but wouldn’t want to live there full time.

On a related note, have you ever written off a vehicle and if so then how?

Nope, but I’m not allowed to drive because my vision is so appallingly bad.

The closest we’ve come is last year when Lisa the Lacetti’s cam belt broke - in a live lane of a smart motorway! That’s the only time I’ve ever seen my husband scared.

Do you give your cars (phones, tablets or anything else) names?

No, never felt the need to do so.

How old were you when you started working?

I was 25.

Are you handy at DIY projects?