This one just makes me smile.

3 Likes

I like the stupid mystery of this one.

3 Likes

One of the rare ones nominated to both “Best” and “surprising reactions” lol

4 Likes

A sweet story.

2 Likes

Is it just me or are there zero comments on this story?

2 Likes

I think I deleted too much of the URL as I found it through my comment history and didn’t want it to link straight to my comment. I’ve updated the link so it should have the comment section now.

1 Like

The following is not a satisfying story, if anything, it’s infuriating. Yet I would nominate this here as this spells out plainly why it’s not so easy to report your boss even when you know they’re doing something illegal, something which comes up as a frequent suggestion in comments for stories about misbehaving bosses.

3 Likes

Love it, especially as the boss made sure the kid got a decent job elsewhere after moving.

7 Likes

I don’t know if it’s a ‘best’ story, but I enjoy stories where management is actually reasonable.

2 Likes

How about a wholesome story with a protective grandma?

3 Likes

I was wondering if someone posted this story! I know I’m way off-topic here but in the book Time Traveller’s Wife. Henry, the said Time Traveller had a “caregiver” as a child and teenager/adult- who was a Korean woman. When Henry lost his feet or a foot? and he was depressed… this caregiver got him to live again.

1 Like

This pleases Valiant Potato.

1 Like

Is that your story?

Busted! Yes, from back when I was in Iowa. We pay a LOT more for food up in the big cities, but I also get paid a lot more, so it’s kinda a trade off.

Like… I made maybe 25k/year back then, though my housing + food budget were a lot lower. Now I make, like, 55k/year but my housing + food are more expensive. I’m not sure if it was worth moving or not, but my spouse comes from a big city and was getting VERY tired of the rural life

Also my work was much more year-round because I did bookkeeping for a lot of my clients.

2 Likes

I like this one.

1 Like

Wanted to sneak this in here the moment I read it. One of the very few that I actually laughed out loud and was glad I was muted on Zoom.

1 Like