Best stories of 2022

This one is getting popular, with good reason.

2 Likes

There were a couple of good ones I forgot to bring over here. Maybe the one with the pickles?

1 Like

Such a nice story.

3 Likes

I’m surprised this hasn’t been nominated for the sheer What The Actual Eff moment.

That, and it is really well written!

5 Likes

One horrible neighbor, but a bunch of awesome ones.

8 Likes

I think this one deserves a submission to

4 Likes
9 Likes

Actually, for the philosophy of OP’s uncle, I say it has a spot among the best NAR stories in general.

4 Likes
1 Like

This story deserves Gold, Silver and Bronze medal for the best story.

13 Likes

I don’t know if this is a Best Of 2022 story, but it certainly deserves an Honourable Mention:

For me, personally, the heartwarmiest, feelgoodiest stories are the “best” stories.

Although stories of epic justice can be very cathartic.

3 Likes

Me, i like stories that evoke strong emotions in the reader and have a satisfying conclusion. Had the errant passenger received some form of comeuppance too would have made this story even better. But sadly real life is seldom truly just.

1 Like

So sweet!

6 Likes

The only reason I am submitting this story is that I like the fact that it has a very different spooky tone and it’s almost October, so it’s well timed.

It’s would not actually a ‘great story’ if it were in a collection of similar stories, but as it is not, it stands out.

1 Like

I think this one has the makings of a best story.

2 Likes

Fair play to the Redditor and the person who selected it for NAR: it’s a good 'un!

3 Likes

Might be biased because I’ve been in OP’s spot, but a pretty wholesome story of some really good friends helping out in a rough patch

3 Likes

This one is… this one is really something. As someone with autism, I’ve had bad days that have lead to people at school or work seeing me as lesser ever since, but the way it just unexpectedly goes from ‘Oh, another story about someone reinforcing a mailbox’ (which is practically a genre online by now) to ‘Wait… holy shit this is actually a credible story about how an autistic kid was damaged by a traumatic event’ is… is something.

3 Likes

Nominating this one.

9 Likes