At home date ideas

Hi again! Wondering if any of y’all had some good at-home date ideas - my partner and I are both poor, neurodivergent, and chronically ill but wanting to find some cute “dates” we can still do. The problem is, some nights a board game is too much effort but something like a messy craft can be just fine, so we wanna have a good list of stuff to consider. Feel free to share active/high energy/high mental effort stuff too, so that maybe multiple people will benefit from this thread!

My bf and I once made a pillow/blanket fort in my dorm room. Then we made s’mores in my microwave and pretended we were camping.

4 Likes

These might be more date elements than a full date, but here they are:

• Turn-based storytelling, where each person says a sentence or two and then passes the story on to the other.
  • Cooking together.
  • At-home massages.
  • Breakfast for dinner.
  • Draw words or pictures on your partner’s back (with your finger) and see if they can guess what it is.
  • Buy a giant puzzle and work on it together. (Some of them are fairly cheap)
  • Put songs through Google Translate several times until you find a funny result and then sing it together.
3 Likes
  • Bake cookies
  • Play co-op video games
  • Read to each other
  • Take a candle lit bath
  • Hide a gift/something special and make clues, for the other to find
  • pretty much anything you can do together, make sure it becomes us-time, so turn off/put away your phones so no one can bother you
1 Like

We’re fairly old-fashioned at home. We drink and screw. We also either find a show to binge or play swap the remote with YouTube. She puts on a video I then put one on. The cycle continues until we’re done.

2 Likes

do you like to dance? put on some music and dance together. no one is around to see if you are good at it or not, and you get to pick the playlist.

2 Likes

For artsy stuff, a few tiktok challenges come to mind:
1 if you have a colored light, turn it on red and paint in red light without being able to tell what color is what

2 get 2 canvases and switch every 10 minutes

3 do portraits of each other (could be realistic or abstract)

4 follow a Bob Ross tutorial. They’re easily found online if they’re not on YouTube

1 Like

That sounds like fun.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.