April fools

The first of April is drawing near! My dad loves april fools and spent a decent amount of time planning and plotting how to trick us, especially when we were young.

Do you have any good stories on the topic? Got fooled? Are you the fooler? :slight_smile:

I remember one of my dad’s stories, he told us this when I was around 5 years old. He claimed that the Swedish national state debt was getting so big, that Sweden had to sell three regions to Norway, including the one we lived in, of course. Cue to having three bawling kids at the breakfast table, screaming “We don’t want to be Norwegian!!”. I remember I even told the other kids at pre-school about this :sweat_smile:

8 Likes
5 Likes

Maybe not the most creative but certainly my favorite. One year when April 1st fell on a friday my old boss scheduled a company wide 2 hour meetings starting at 3:30pm to discuss changes to the HR handbook. Which of course no one was looking forward to. But when we showed up ot ended up being a catered happy hour instead.

10 Likes

My elementary school’s staff would pull something on the principal each year. I remember hearing something about a couple of them: once they swapped his office door with one of the little doors from a bathroom stall, so it just kind of swung there without effectively closing, and another year they removed all the furnishings from his office and replaced them with some little desks and chairs from the kindergarten room and put exuberantly colored kindergarten art projects all over the walls. Reportedly he had at least one important meeting that day.

8 Likes

Back in high school, some of the classrooms had big windows, with big, reaching-almost-to-the-ground curtains. One year, for April 1, another class decided to hide in those curtains at the start of the lesson, so when the teacher entered the room, she found it was devoid of students, but with their belongings on the tables. As she started looking around for them, they all jumped out with a big “Boo!”. Now, this teacher is a stereotypical Italian lady – very sanguine, and thus very jumpy, so she was appropriately surprised.
But, after her initial shock, she laughed with the students, so no harm done :smiley:

6 Likes

Granted I did not do this on April Fool’s but it was still a safe prank. My mother works for Aflac, hence, ducks in the house. She had two which didn’t work so left them out. I tucked them into my parents’ bed when I was the only one home and then left for my own business. Dad came home and missed the ducks. Both were getting ready for bed and blamed each other for the ducks in the bed. Then they realized it wasn’t either one of them and I was the only one else in the house. Parents were amused at least.

2 Likes

Not an April Fools prank, but one my dad did. He was a member of a running club, and they would meet up at a church hall, do warm up exercises, then go for a run.

Dad positioned himself to the back of the hall, so no one would see the two parts of the Velcro strip he had on him. When the stretching exercises moved to the touching toes stage…

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!

5 Likes

I have actually never done anything for April Fools, nor had any pranks played on me. It’s not much of a thing here I guess?

1 Like

Oooh, this is a subtle one… On Discord, when there is a new mention for you in one of a server’s channels, that server’s icon gets a little red dot in its bottom right with the number of new mentions in it. So, apparently, for today, some servers’ admins have changed the actual icon for their servers to be like this.

It took me a moment (and a few checks of my Inbox) to realize I did not, in fact, have any more new mentions (not helped by the fact that the bottom one, TruckSim, did post a new post with the everyone tag, so I really did have a mention there).

5 Likes

image image image image
A web browser site I play on changed their rock badges to the Rock…

4 Likes

Friend did this on all the discord channels of the server:

Whoever played/plays Grim Dawn knows the developers always make a funny “changelog” for 04-01. From this year’s notes, this is relatable for NaR…

• Taking all 36 possible classes now grants a minor in post-apocalypse survival, which should make you qualified to endure working in retail.
3 Likes

oh god I just saw Tumblr’s for this year

ETA: they make noises…

1 Like

A few years ago, a company announced a “fish stick pizza”. They even sent some to a few influencers, who were in on the joke.

Talking about the pizza never really stopped, so … Well, I’ll post a photo I took in the supermarket today:

Yes, they really produced it.

4 Likes

I have tried playing Hogwarts Onliine (an online writing RPG) it’s currently is under. But under the previous admin that the site on April’s Fool Day would be upsides down so that Hogsemde would be like at the top and that the logo for the site would be at the bottom.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.