Am I the only one that doesn't read the comments section?

Afternoon all,

When I first discovered this site I just read the stories and moved onto the next. I very rarely dive into the comments. Are there any other people who just read the stories, sans comments?

I think I’m reading this site about 3 years. I didn’t know there was a comment section. About a year ago, I discovered it, and since half a year I contribute as well.
Almost alwaysI search for the pun thread. If Stephen doesn’t start one, someone else will. Occasionally, depending on the story, I’ll read the rest as well. (sometimes, when there are already a lot of comments, I read part of it).

1 Like

Oh, the comment section is where the action and fun is :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

you’re missing out on Stephen’s puns

1 Like

The comment section can be a lot of fun, especially if you like puns!

Mind you, there are times when the comment section can get quite heated. This story was posted a couple of hours ago, and I reckon it will be two or three days before the flames die down…

1 Like

Every one seems to get fired up about it indeed.

1 Like

I’ve been on the site since waaay back when it was JUST NAR. There was no comment section back the … some good yet lonely times.
Still, I’m sometimes beside the to jump into the comments; I usually only do if it’s one of those”I like to smell my own farts” kinda stories.

3 Likes

Occasionally I’ll read the comments if there’s something I don’t understand in a story or if I think the comments will be funny. There’s some stories (like the one Stephen linked for example) where I don’t at all because I know they’ll make me mad lol

3 Likes

This is the kind of thing I wish there was more moderation on. I’m disappointed in the editors but I guess everything online is driven be clicks and “engagement”