AIU for being upset?

So it’s Christmas Day. My mil chooses today to dye her hair which means spending an hour in the bathroom. She was home yesterday. She could have done it then or she could have waited til Tuesday. She hasn’t totally gone grey. We only have 1 bathroom.

3 Likes

Who the Fuck dyes their hair in someone else’s house?

6 Likes

I don’t think you’re being unreasonable. When you’ve gotta go, you’ve gotta go. Someone hogging the only bathroom for an hour doesn’t change that.

1 Like

A weird time to do that.

Regardless of the odd timing, you don’t hog the bathroom if there’s only one.

I grew up with one, shared by 4 people ( 3 of us were regularly dying our hair). We just wrapped ourselves up in towles and sat stiff on a chair in the kitchen, taking good care not to stain anything, until the time was up.

At least you’re getting some time away from the mil :wink:

2 Likes

She lives with us.

It ended up being almost 2 hours she was in there. So ridiculous.

4 Likes

Okay, I forgot that detail but it is rude to do something that intensive at a time when people are likely going to need a bathroom.

2 Likes

Doing something that takes such a long time when there’s only one bathroom should be a ‘head’s up, am going to do the thing, anybody need the bathroom first?’ If she didn’t then, that’s really inconsiderate of her.

2 Likes

Well she did. But the point is I still had to shower and get ready etc. my husband was napping so he didn’t have to deal and he showered the night before. But you don’t dye your hair the day of a major holiday and spend 2 hours in the only bathroom.

3 Likes

Yes, do it the night BEFORE the holiday, or after it, srsly.

3 Likes

What in the crap is she doing for 2 hours? Unless you’re doing multiple colors or steps, 2 hours is TOO long for most hair.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.