AIBU to imply that my landscaper was going to be reported for fly tipping?

For those who are unaware, fly tipping is when sizable amounts of waste are left in unauthorised places. And there’s a possible £400 fine.

I had a landscaper a month ago who said that waste removal would be carried out within a week of the job being completed. Obviously a month went by and no collection occurred. Having had no response to polite messages (text, phone call and message on the trade site) I left a message saying that neighbours were grumbling and considering reporting it as fly tipping to the council. I then pointed out that if the council got involved with the issue, guess who’s details would be handed over?

Guess who responded within 30 minutes blaming Covid followed by forgetfulness?

I considered things like threatening to change my review but I am glad this worked. Was I unreasonable to do this?

6 Likes

I see nothing unreasonable about this, the neighborhood grumbling is a very valid point. Also, it’s a smart move to make it the landscapers’ problem if the fact that it was their obligation wasn’t enough to make them clean up.

6 Likes

The grumblings may have been purely in my head…

5 Likes

Whatever the case, it is a valid point in that it might very well happen.

4 Likes

Nope, the only person being unreasonable was the landscaper who forced you to escalate from polite enquiries to implied threats.

9 Likes

It prompted him to do the job he was supposed to, and hopefully made him think twice about doing it in the future.

I’d say your conscience is clean!

4 Likes

100% agree, and your neighbors ABSOLUTELY were quietly grumbling, because I quietly grumble when my neighbors’ yards look like crap and I absolutely judge them for it. They definitely were hoping you’d get fed up and get rid of it yourself.

6 Likes

More irritating is that the waste is in the back service lane and therefore on public ground. However, if it was on private land (in my garden) I would have persued the changing of my review and follow up in small claims if necessary.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s always good to judge people who don’t keep a clean and perfect facade without knowing why that might be. Good on ya, keep it up!

Some people don’t reply until you mention there’s real consequences, then they do what they were supposed to do ages ago while lecturing you about “courtesy” and “being unreasonable”.

I posted a story in the forum about one of my previous bosses. They didn’t get around to paying me for almost two months, either blowing me off or saying they definitely sent a check. (Standard behavior for him that I saw with clients too.) Then I told him “Please figure this out and send me my check. If it’s not in thirty days, then I’m taking it to the labor board.” And I thought that was a pretty generous timeline to cover for any more so-called ‘bad luck’. He called me immediately to chew me out and mailed me the check and I got it in the next day or two.

Then my last boss, an owner of a used/ scratch&dent appliance store, had a busted fire door. The fire marshal came by and told them that there’s a major fine if it’s not fixed. The owner said it was definitely on order. Just shipping issues. Definitely. Well, six months later, the fire marshal comes back to check on things. The door had still not been ordered, the owner tried to say it had been, just the wrong size. The fire marshal told him it was a several hundred dollar fine. PER DAY. From the original infraction. The door was miraculously fixed in the week.

Yeah. Sometimes you have to lay down the law and throw the book at them and what not.

5 Likes

Have these been submitted to the main site? If not, could you please? Pretty please?

3 Likes

My only concern is that the Council may say that it’s still my responsibility. In the UK the onus is on the original owner of the waste. So even if you pay someone and they dump it in the wild, you’re still liable even if they answered all the questions correctly.

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember the fun and games dealing with waste subcontractors, and being very much aware that you personally are responsible even if they dump.

All I could do was do as much due diligence as possible, and hope that if someone did screw us over, the due diligence I had done would be taken into account.

Fortunately, we always had contractors who did things by the book, so we had no issues.

3 Likes

Called the Council to find out liability and yes, it’s flytipping and yes, it’s my problem. I did leave a message to the guy that I would be changing the review left, reporting him to Trading Standards and following through on any other actions necessary if the waste wasn’t removed today.

The main issue that I have is that he seems to be nigh untraceable bar a mobile number, an account on a trader finder website and a flyer.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I will be out ~£200 to get rid of the crap. Sadly there’s nothing I can do about that and there’s too much of it to dispose of gradually.

2 Likes

The waste disappeared yesterday and the landscaper reimbursed me for it! The usual stories were trotted out but I think having his glowing review removed may have made something hit home.

5 Likes

With the weight of the law bearing down on him, how could he possibly…

(puts on sunglasses)

…refuse?

4 Likes

Unfortunately you have forgotten that the long arm of the law was jabbing me in the shoulder, not him…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.