Absurd Job Listings

I’ve been spending a lot of time on job sites for the last few years due to a lot of raw luck, and most job listings are generally the same few categories: “Vague”, “Dry-but-Straight-Forward”, “We’re-A-FUN-workplace-and-quirky”, “I have someone in mind but I had to write a job ad”, and maybe a few “I’m not paying you more than minimum wage, but you better have seven years of experience”.

Here’s one I saw today that really stood out for an unreasonable ask:

They not only are asking for you to make an ad for free (Don’t ask designers to make demo designs, that’s a real design you’re asking for, and that’s what you need to pay for. Not to mention that’s why people have portfolios. And Artists/Designers/Etc, don’t do spec work. That’s how you get scammed and taken advantage of. Draw a hard line on free professional work.)

But apparently the super graphic designer “EXPERT” also has to run the store for them. Because experienced, established marketing designers love to jump back into retail just for funsies.
(There wasn’t a pay scale listed, and I didn’t look too carefully after seeing “Send me a design first” and only clicked back into the ad when my brain a second later went “Wait did they say they had to run the store too??” )

Just so the topic isn’t just me laughing at this listing, have you got any ridiculous/delusional job listings?

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.