A story from when my stepdaughter was young

I was going to submit this but I figured I’d post it here first and get some opinions.

This happened years ago when my younger stepdaughter was around 10 or so. Her older sister was over at a friends house or something. I don’t recall where. Anyway my husband and I took his younger daughter out and we’d told his ex wife that we’d be back at a certain time.

The three of us had a wonderful time. We went out to eat and just spent time together. When we got back to the house it was locked up tight. So my stepdaughter called her mom.

Stepdaughter: Mom, we’re home. Where are you?
Her mother tells her she’s out and she’ll come home when she’s ready.

She started crying and my husband was obviously very upset. So finally we arranged to meet her and her boyfriend at a local parking lot. The asshole (the boyfriend) took off fast across the parking lot as soon as they picked her up.

I honestly don’t remember what happened after that but this was something I’ll never forget. She’ll be 28 in November. The look on that little girl’s face was heartbreaking.

4 Likes

Ouch!

Did she say that she would be out too?

3 Likes

Oh yes. We knew that. We just said we’d be back at a certain time.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh I just want to wrap everyone in this story in a hug.

2 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.