3 films you can watch over and over and never get tired of

Which 3 films can you watch over and over and never get tired of?

Some of mine are: Gladiator, LOTR (all of them), Armageddon.

1 Like

Blues Brothers (watched it over 100 times) my go to bored movie lol

2 Likes

Thor: Ragnarok, Princess Bride, Shawshank Redemption

4 Likes

The Mummy (1999), The Mask of Zorro, and The Man in the Iron Mask are three movies that I don’t usually think of watching, but any time I catch one in progress I watch it no matter how far into it it is. I’ve probably seen each one multiple times on planes or in hote rooms lol.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Gosh, can I even make it to 3? Hrrm.

Young Frankenstein, Kubo and the Two Strings, aaaand… Kung Fu Panda 3?

1 Like

Harry Potter franchise, Final Destination franchise, Mama Mia.

2 Likes

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Austin Powers (1 & 2)
LOTR
Harry Potter movies
Back To The Future trilogy
Indiana Jones trilogy
Ghostbusters

…sorry, there’s way more than 3! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Henry V w/Kenneth Branagh
LOTR
Seven Samurai

OMG, that looks pretentious, doesn’t it? I’d better list the three books I would pick:

Dracula, by Bram Stoker
The Dracula Tape, by Fred Saberhagen
The Holmes-Dracula File, by Fred Saberhagen

2 Likes

The Mask of Zorro, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Mask (the Jim Carrey comedy)

Bonus movie just because: The Truman Show. Jim Carrey is even more brilliant when serious.

5 Likes

All the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Tombstone and Top Gun :wink:

1 Like

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the one with Gene Wilder), Wonder Woman, and some of the Studio Ghibli movies (like Ponyo).

2 Likes

Did you know they are now showing Princes Bride with a live orchestra playing the soundtrack? It debuted at the Hollywood Bowl a week or so ago. It got rave reviews. Of course, it’s hard to go wrong if the music is by Mark Knopfler.

5 Likes

Emperor’s New Groove
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Sister Act

I love all the Ghibli movies! I’ve been showing them to my kid as she gets old enough. I really want to show her Nausicaa but she’s a bit young for the end lol

2 Likes

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Home Alone
Police Academy

Spirited away
Narnia (1st one)
Meet the robinsons

1 Like

Original Star Wars trilogy. Given the time my preferred order is 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. I haven’t seen the new ones yet but given time…

My apologies for digging up a really old topic; I read it shortly after I signed up back in December and left the tab open to reply. Then I forgot about it and just noticed it again today (while trying to close some of the crazy amount of tabs I have open in my browser).

I don’t think I could pick just three movies, so I’ll have to go with a few more than that.

Apollo 13
Original Star Wars trilogy; I’ve seen all nine, plus Rogue One and Solo, but the original trilogy are the only ones I’ve seen more than once. I’d like to watch the others again, but haven’t yet.
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (a family tradition to watch it on or near Thanksgiving)
White Christmas (another family tradition to watch at around Christmas)

Since my kids now live in different states than hubby and I do, and we usually aren’t together physically for the holidays, we’ve taken to having Skype watch parties to watch PTA and WC together. We really enjoy it, and we all end up quoting half of the movies (especially PTA) because we’ve seen them so many times! :grin:

2 Likes

Is it cheating to say Fellowship of the Ring, the Two Towers, and Return of the King? xD No joke I have watched each theatrical version at least 50 times. Plus now I have the extended editions which I like better. I added it up and including hobbit movies I have spent well over a week of my life watching these movies.

1 Like